A number of our customers have had problems with CRM after installed Windows 2003 Service Pack 1.
So if you are preparing for Windows 2003 Server Service Pack 1 I advise you do not do so without proper assistance but if you insist you will want to look at the following:
- Take a full backup of you system – you may need to restore to before the service pack
- Install the Rollup Patch KB892949
- Add the CRM website to the Allowed sites for Popups in IE. In Internet Explorer, Select Tools menu and select Pop-up Blocker and click on Pop-up Blocker Settings. Enter the CRM website URL and click on Add then Close.
- Add the CRM website to either the Intranet Zone or Trusted Sites. In Internet Explorer, Select Tools menu and select Internet Options. Click on Security Tab. Highlight Trusted Sites and click on Sites button. Enter the CRM website URL and click on Add and then Close
- Check out my previous post on the Hotfix for problems with Manual Workflow and Bulk E-mail – KB898654
- If you are still having problems there are other hotfixes available from MBS Support – contact them
- You may need to disable the lookup check as described in KB896861
- Review the user that is running the CRM Services and if it is Local System consider changing to a User Account
- If the Crystal Reports services fail to start then you will need to exclude the Crystal Executables from DEP