Customization Import failed. Error: Invalid name prefix

Whilst importing a set of customisations from an upgraded CRM 3.0 to 4.0 system into a vanilla CRM 4.0 I got the error "Failure: Opportunity_VIG_Expenses: Invalid name prefix". Basically CRM didn’t like the name of the relationship between Opportunity and my custom Expense entity.

The solution I found was to edit the customisations XML file and change:

<EntityRelationship Name="Opportunity_VIG_Expenses">

to

<EntityRelationship Name="VIG_Opportunity_VIG_Expenses">

i.e., I added the customisation prefix to the relationship name

Update: There is also a problem with the Quick Campaign entity after upgrading from 3.0 to 4.0. This is discussed in KB948588 and is ficed in Update Rollup 1.

Advertisements

About Julian Sharp

I have worked with Dynamics CRM since 2004 and have been involved in over 100 CRM projects. I am a Dynamics MCT and teach Dynamics 365 and Azure in the UK and across Europe
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.